Terms and Conditions
Website usage terms and conditions:
The term ‘The Student World’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 2nd Floor, Eco Offices, Cable Yard, Electric Wharf, Coventry, CV1 4HA. Our company registration number is 7867926 place of registration is Coventry. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Fair Attendance Terms and Conditions:
- ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior to, during, or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that The Student World, venue, event participants, Eventbrite and all of their respective agents officers, directors, owners and employees, are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such clauses
- Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
- Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
- Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the event organizer, The Student World or venue for a variety of reasons. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
- The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
- The event has a capacity of 1000, every effort to admit attendees as space becomes available, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
- Tickets are sold subject to the venue or The Student World’s right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund or exchange tickets.
- The venue operates a No Smoking Policy
- The Student World reserves the right to photograph and videotape the event and participants and to use such photographs and videos in any internal and external communication referring to the event or The Student World, such as on its websites and internet, or other publications. By registering you consent to such uses.
- The Student World, venue management and Eventbrite accept no responsibility for any personal property.
Prize Draws Terms and Conditions:
- No purchase necessary to enter the prize draw.
- This prize draw is open to UK residents aged 16 years or over, with the exception of employees of the Promoter, their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion.
- Entries must be received by the end of each event. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason.
- Only one entry per person. No entrant may win more than one prize.
- All correctly completed entries will be entered into a prize draw, which will take place five days after each event. The first entry drawn will be the winner.
- At The Student World Fairs there will be a Prize A and B: Prize A is a £3,000 bursary, which can only be redeemed with proof of enrolment at a university outside of the UK and Republic of Ireland. Prize B is one of five Apple iPad 2.
- At The Student World Mini Events the Prize C is one Apple iPad2.
- Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The winners will be notified via email or telephone latest 10 days after each event. The winner of Prize A must redeem their prize within 10 days of notification and claim their prize within six months. Winners of Prize B and C must redeem and claim their prize within 10 days of notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
- To obtain details of the winner please email email@example.com stating the name of the prize draw in the subject heading four weeks after the closing date.
- The Promoter will use any data submitted by entrants only for the purposes of running the prize draw and informing entries of study abroad opportunities. By entering this prize draw, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this prize draw and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
- The winner agrees to take part in reasonable post event publicity and to the use of their name and photograph in such publicity.
- By entering the prize draw each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter is The Student World, 2nd Floor, Eco Offices, Cable Yard, Electric Wharf, Coventry CV1 4HA.
Terms and Conditions for exhibiting at The Student World events
Terms of Reference. The term “Exhibitor“ shall include all representatives and agents of any organisation to whom space has been allocated for the purposes of participating at The Student World Fair/Road Show. The term “Fair(s)” shall mean the Fair(s) referred to on the Participation Form. The term “Road Show” shall mean the Road Show(s) referred to on the Participation Form. The term “Organiser” shall mean The Student World Ltd. The term “Contract “ means the contract for participation space at the The Student World entered into between the Organiser and the Exhibitor.
- Allocation of Exhibition Space. The Student World Ltd. shall allocate the space as it deems fit. We reserve the right to change the space allocated to Exhibitors at any time prior to the commencement of the Fair/Road Show should circumstances demand and, to alter the space, to transfer or close entrances and exits to the Exhibition facilities and to undertake other alterations as may be necessary.
- Use of Exhibition Space. Exhibitors are only entitled to exhibit the announced products/services detailed on the Order Form. Exhibitors are not allowed to sub-let or assign their space to other parties either wholly or in part without the consent of the Organisers in writing.
- Breach of Contract and/or withdrawal by Exhibitor. If Exhibitors withdraw from the Fair/Road Show they must confirm this in writing to The Student World Ltd. The Exhibitor will incur the following charges:
- - Cancellation within 14 days of signature on order form: no charge.
- - Cancellation between 14 days after signature and up to 30 days prior to each Student World Fair/Road Show - 50% of full costs payable.
- - Cancellation within 30 days prior to each Student World Fair/Road Show - Full cost payable.
- Payment and invoicing. Bookings made within 90 days of the date of the Fair/Road Show will be invoiced immediately and payment will be due 30 days after the date of invoice. For bookings made outside of 90 days of the date of the Fair/Road Show then an invoice will sent for 25% of the value of the booking, this will be due 30 days after the date of invoice. The remaining monies will be due 60 days prior to the start of each Fair/Road Show. All invoices will be in Pounds Sterling and payments will not be accepted in any other currency.
- Changes in venue and/or duration of Fairs/Road Shows. The Student World Ltd. reserves the right to change the venue and duration of Fairs/Road Shows. In the event of change of venue and/or duration, the agreement to participate shall remain in force so long as the Exhibitor is informed at least one month prior to such a change taking place.
- Failure of Services. The Organisers shall not be liable for any loss sustained by the Exhibitor directly or indirectly attributable to cancellation, suspension or reduction of duration of the scheduled Fair/Road Show due to:
- Force Majeure.
- Act of terror.
- Acts of war, military activity, municipal statutory or civil authority requisition.
- Fire or excessively inclement weather i.e.: earthquake, flood, typhoon.
- Damage caused by an aerial object or aircraft.
- Strikes or industrial action.
If a Fair/Road Show is cancelled, reduced or postponed then in such an event the unit costs paid to the Organisers, or any part there of may be refunded at the sole discretion of the Organisers to the Exhibitors but without prejudice to the Organisers’ right to appropriate the entire sum or any part thereof for expenses they have already incurred for the Fair/Road Show.
- Security. The Organisers shall take all appropriate security precautions in the interest of the Exhibitors and visitors. The Organisers shall not be held responsible for any loss or theft of exhibits at the Fair/Road Show hall or associated premises during the build-up, duration of the Fair/Road Show and dismantling period.
- The Student World reserves the right to photograph and videotape the event and participants and to use such photographs and videos in any internal and external communication referring to the event or The Student World, such as on its websites and internet, or other publications. By attending you consent to such uses.
- Jurisdiction. These Terms of Contract shall be subject to English law and the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the central courts.
- Insurance. The Organisers are not liable for any loss, damage or injury incurred by participants during the event, Exhibitors must take full personal responsibility for their insurance cover.